About Me

My photo
Hey ya'll! Here's the deets. Casey. 29. Married. Dog momma. Family es numero uno. Sarcastic. Tendency to curse like a sailor. Craziest most awesome girls evah, I call my friends! Welcome to my little corner of the world.

Twitter Updates

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Glade Moder Dag!

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms! But especially to the wonderful woman who I have the privilege of calling mom!

I didn't realize how hard it would be to not see my mom today, don't get me wrong, it is hard for me to not see her everyday anyway. But with this being Mother's Day, it seems REALLY hard.

My mother and I were not very close when I was growing up, not like some of my friends and their moms were. But as I have grown up and become an adult (scary, I know!) my mother has become one of my best friends. Sometimes, I sit back and wonder when we shifted from just being mother and daughter to mother and daughter AND friends. I think it was the fact that I started seeing my mom as a woman and not just my mom that made me realize she is truly an amazing woman. I can only hope to be half the mother/woman she has been to me so far in my twenty-six years on this earth. I love you, Mom!

More important women to be celebrated today!

I also have to recognize two other very important women and wonderful mothers...my sisters. I love you both so much and thank you everyday for making me an auntie to the cutest bunch of kids.
And Grandma! Without you none of the rest of us would be here. Love you!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers