About Me

My photo
Hey ya'll! Here's the deets. Casey. 29. Married. Dog momma. Family es numero uno. Sarcastic. Tendency to curse like a sailor. Craziest most awesome girls evah, I call my friends! Welcome to my little corner of the world.

Twitter Updates

Monday, May 18, 2009

Couch to 5K and my new favorite blog

Summer is upon us and if a lot of you are like me you are holding some extra padding from a long, dreary winter. So, it is time to lose a couple (or ten) pounds.

I found out about the "Couch to 5K" program last year while planning my wedding and looking for ways to slim down but as an avid running-hater, I didn't pay much attention. I know running is one of the fastest ways to get fit and lose weight but I just hate every second of it. To me it is a personal form of hell. Now, my sister is a crazy runner - she loves it and she looks great! So I figured, what the hell, I would give this running thing a go (again).

I remembered reading about the C-to-5K and so I looked it up again and decided that I could do this and I would try my damnedest to keep it up. So, I started last Tuesday and it actually went better than I imagined it would. Zoe on the other hand really didn't like it. She didn't understand all the running, then walking, then running again. I was excited to because I didn't want to kill myself after the first day and was kind of looking forward to Friday and my next run. Well, we do live in Iowa and of course it rained all day again! So Saturday it would be.....not! Saturday morning I got up and stepped outside and it was frickin cold and the wind was blowing at about 100 miles per hour. I knew if I attempted running that morning I would for sure never want to do it again, so I went to the dark depressing basement and hit the elliptical. I figured I would give it a go on Sunday....wrong! Rained. All. Damn. Day!

Then, today...glorious day! The temp was hovering around 80 degrees and the wind.....blowing like a F-3 tornado was passing through! Hopefully, one of these days the weather in Central Iowa won't suck!

Now on to the second part of my heading. While I was running the first time, with Zoe in tow, no less, I found it rather difficult to time the starting and stopping. (Each session is based on a timing your walking and running intervals to gradually build your stamina.) In talking to another fellow C-2-5k runner she pointed me in the direction of this wonderful website. It is awesome! She has created pod casts you can download to your Ipod for every running session for the entire 9 weeks!! It is a great mix of pump-you-up music and has a count down when it is time to switch from running to walking and vice versa. I am totally excited to actually use these. Maybe tomorrow?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers