About Me

My photo
Hey ya'll! Here's the deets. Casey. 29. Married. Dog momma. Family es numero uno. Sarcastic. Tendency to curse like a sailor. Craziest most awesome girls evah, I call my friends! Welcome to my little corner of the world.

Twitter Updates

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Bad Blogger...Bad!

Okay, so I have been a very bad blogger lately but I will blame it on being plain old busy!
I will try and give a quick recap of the last couple weeks.

The Wednesday after we got back from Vegas I got my braces put on and the rest of that week was interesting to say the least. I maintain that Braces are a great diet. :)
The Friday of that week we went to Wells Fargo arena to watch Lynsie (Kolby's cousin) play in the Girls Basketball State Championships and they won!! It was a great game!

Then on Sunday the 8th we headed up to Waterloo to meet my family for lunch to celebrate Kolby's 26th birthday! We had some fantastic driving weather...rain, sleet and ice...my favorite!

Monday, March 9th, was Kolby's birthday. I surprised him with a giant cookie and we spent the afternoon together looking at furniture. That night we snuggled up and watched a movie. We really know how to party. The rest of the week was pretty uneventful. Friday night we met the Baldwin's at Jacki and CJ's in Des Moines for dinner. It was nice to catch up since we had not saw those crazy kids in nearly five months!

Yesterday I got up and cleaned the house a bit and then we waited for K's mom and Steve to show up. We FINALLY got our wedding video, so we sat and watched that until Ki made it up here. Mom and Steve took us out for late afternoon appetizers and beer at Old Chicago and then we bummed around Ames for a couple hours. I decided that it would be cheaper to cook supper at home than going out so we stopped at the grocery store on the way home and picked up the fixin's for fajitas. They were really tasty! And to top off the meal we had "Better Than Sex" cake. YUM! After they left, I jumped into some stretchy pants and we popped in the movie, "Body of Lies". Kolby fell asleep half-way through but I managed to stay awake. It was an okay movie, really makes you thankful for being an American.

Then today, I went house hunting with a friend. We saw some pretty disgusting houses! But the last one we looked at was super cute and she ended up putting an offer in! I am excited for her and hope everything progresses smoothly. We ended up going out to lunch to celebrate the fact she found a really cute house that is in her price range...really it just gave us a good excuse to go to El Azteca.

And now, for the rest of my day, I must resign myself to the house and do the laundry I have been neglecting for the simple fact that I hate doing laundry!

Aw, the exciting life and times in the Rath household.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers