About Me

My photo
Hey ya'll! Here's the deets. Casey. 29. Married. Dog momma. Family es numero uno. Sarcastic. Tendency to curse like a sailor. Craziest most awesome girls evah, I call my friends! Welcome to my little corner of the world.

Twitter Updates

Friday, February 27, 2009

Viva Las Vegas

This morning we woke up way too early considering the hour of the same morning we went to bed. (Time changes really screw with you.) Why did we get up so early? Well you see...we and by we I mean me, got talked into going to a time share presentation. I know, I know... but the benefits seemed to out weigh the negative, so I signed us up. We had to meet the bus at 8:30, thus the reason for the early start.

So we get to the resort where the timeshare would be and I will admit is was gorgeous and would be a great vacation get-away but not for the price they wanted. So, they showed us around, they fed us (perk #1) we sat through their little speech and then came the, "we can make this affordable for you" speech. We said no, they came back with the "why not" questions and then I said "Well, we just aren't sure that K will have a job in two months so this isn't for us." That was it...that was all it took. They had no come back for the crappy economy. (Editor's note: K's job is in no danger...that we know of.) So the gave us our free gifts and we were on our way! Perk #2, 3 & 4 of this whole thing? Free tickets to the comedy club at our hotel ($70.00 value), free passes to the buffet at our hotel ($35.00 value) and $40 in slot play...which won me $27.00!

To me, it was worth it.

When we got back to our hotel we met up with Mom, Dad and Cody and headed over the the most swanky eatery in Vegas....McDonald's. After lunch, Cody took off to meet another Decorah kid that was in town for the race and we headed south on the strip. The weather was awesome! We hopped on the bus and took it down to New York, New York. We explored the casinos and hotels at the south end of the strip for a couple hours before Mom and Dad had had enough walking and headed back to their hotel. K and I continued on, stopping here and there for a little drinking and a little slot playing. (No, we didn't win anything.)

When we had enough walking we went back to the hotel and take it easy for awhile. After a little snoozing and watching TV we decided to go take advantage of our free buffet tickets...little did we know that the hotel no longer offered an evening buffet. So, we spent about 15 minutes trying to decide what we wanted to do. We decided to go over to Circus Circus as they had one of the cheaper buffets. It was actually pretty tasty for a buffet, anyway. After we we ate we went back to the Riviera to the comedy club. The show was good but I was glad that we didn't spend our own money on the tickets cause it wasn't $70.00 good.

After the show we went up to the Stratosphere and hung out with mom for awhile while we waited for Dad and Cody to finish bowling. Mom had somehow talked the guy selling tickets to give her five free tickets for the Stratosphere Tower. We went up there and this is what saw:

Pretty amazing!

Cody and Dad finally got back around 12:30. We sat in the C Bar and had a couple beers and then Cody, Kolby and I headed south. My ultimate goal was to get a picture of the "Welcome to Las Vegas" sign at night. The guys thought I was nuts cause the sign was quite a haul from Mandalay Bay and by this time it was 1:30 am. So we get out there and it feels like we were seriously taken out to the middle of nowhere and just dropped off. But I got my picture! (See previous entry.)

The bus driver told us not to be surprised if it took awhile for another bus to come back but it only took about 10 minutes and we were back on The Deuce. Originally, we were going to go out to a couple clubs but I decided to be a sally and I wanted to go to bed.

Saturday morning we woke up and packed up all our stuff and checked out of the hotel before Mom, Dad and Cody met us for brunch. We ate and then hit a couple shops before bidding adieu to the fam. We caught a shuttle to the airport around 2:00 and waited for the plane to take us away from the gorgeous Vegas weather.

We arrived back in Kansas City at midnight to freezing temperatures and 5 inches of snow on the ground...yuck!! We decided to tough it out and drive home. We arrived in Kelley around 4:30 am and crashed. Welcome home!


Post a Comment