About Me

My photo
Hey ya'll! Here's the deets. Casey. 29. Married. Dog momma. Family es numero uno. Sarcastic. Tendency to curse like a sailor. Craziest most awesome girls evah, I call my friends! Welcome to my little corner of the world.

Twitter Updates

Monday, February 23, 2009

Biggest, Baddest Weekend

The weekend started off a bit hairy. After I took Laney to her vet check-up we saddled up and headed for Decorah despite the warnings of nasty weather. We made it to Mason City before the sky unleashed it's hell. It was like driving through a mini-blizzard...white knuckled pure hell. This was about the time I figured out that Laney DOES NOT like riding in the car at night. So not only am I trying to navigate on an unmarked roadway but I have to listen to Laney's ear (and heart) piercing cries. We finally made it to Decorah where I promptly dropped the pooches off at mom and dad's and met my sister Kelly uptown for a much needed beer!

Saturday morning I woke up with virtually no voice, which was just beautiful as I had a Pampered Chef show to present that morning. Surprisingly the show was a great success! I got three more bookings so I certainly can't complain about that. Maybe I will have to try not talking more often at my shows. After the show I had a magnificent, mind-numbing massage. Thank you Sarah! I spent the rest of the day and evening just hanging at home with Addie while Mom and Dad went to a birthday party for a co-worker. I watched the movie "Taking Chance" on HBO. It's based on real events and the experiences of Marine Lt. Col. Mike Strobl, who wrote Taking Chance as a powerful tribute not only to Chance Phelps, a 19-year-old Marine killed during a 2004 firefight, but to scores of fellow war victims. It really showed the care, love and dignity that our fallen soldiers receive when they arrive back on American soil. I bawled the entire 90 minutes. It was a very sobering movie.

Miss Addison woke up at 6:00 am on Sunday which woke the dogs up which in turn woke me up. I tried to sleep a little more later that morning but that was fruitless. Mom made lunch and some awesome brownie s'more treats and then I loaded up and headed for home. The drive back to Kelley was much less eventful than the preceding drive on Friday. The pups were happy to be home and I was happy that K was around to watch the dogs so I could try and nap a little before we had to leave. Where you ask...? To see this man:
Yes, sir. We got last-minute tickets to see Toby Keith in concert for his Biggest and Baddest Tour and it was the best $30 I have spent in awhile (yes, we got awesome tickets for an awesome price!) For not having much of a voice I sure did a lot of hollering! It was an amazing show! I recommend catching one of his shows if you get the chance.

All-in-all my weekend was not to shabby.

And our next adventure:


VEGAS BABY!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers