About Me

My photo
Hey ya'll! Here's the deets. Casey. 29. Married. Dog momma. Family es numero uno. Sarcastic. Tendency to curse like a sailor. Craziest most awesome girls evah, I call my friends! Welcome to my little corner of the world.

Twitter Updates

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Two steps forward, one step in dog poo.

I am happy to report that things are slowly getting better at our house...as in the dogs are getting along marginally better than the beginning of the week...and I use this statement loosely. There is still plenty of yelling on my part at both of them to stop trying to bite the other's face off.
Now, on the housebreaking front not so much. I realize she is 5 months old, as opposed to my previously stated 6 months, apparently my math skills are falling victim to my lack of sleep but I digress....the pup is only 5 months old and I know there are going to be accidents but is it so frustrating cause she will have a great day and then wham! she craps on the floor. It is like she knows better but she refuses to go outside because the cold is more than her little 4 lb. doggie body can handle. (By the way, Central Iowa was hit with a heat wave today, 15 degrees, woo hoo!)

Oh, did I mention we finally settled on a name for her. After four and a half days, she is no longer "Hey You", Little Dog" or "Shit Face". Her name is Laney, AKC name will be Mimi's Laney as her dame was Jetta's Mimi.

In other news - I just spent the evening with my good friend, Jen, and we had fantastic, adult fun....playing Super Mario Bros. 3. I know, I know....my Friday night highlight was jumping into my pjs, playing Nintendo and helping her clean her kitchen. It was nice to get out of the house for a little while and not be on constant "poop patrol". She is trying to convince me to bring Laney over so she can meet her and Laney and her Jack Russell can socialize. Not sure I have enough confidence in her yet to take her to someone else's house. Then again, I guess you never know until you try, right? Well, I suppose I should go to bed as I will most likely be up in two hours to let Laney out to potty.

Until next time....

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers