About Me

My photo
Hey ya'll! Here's the deets. Casey. 29. Married. Dog momma. Family es numero uno. Sarcastic. Tendency to curse like a sailor. Craziest most awesome girls evah, I call my friends! Welcome to my little corner of the world.

Twitter Updates

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The Days of Our Lives

I have taken a short break from blogging as my life has been absolutely crazy the last week. So, here's a quick update.

Aside from some family issues (major drama! which I don't care to re-hash) I was dealing with, our little Laney got fixed on Friday. When I picked her up she was the calmest, most docile little creature...something I knew we were only going to experience once in her very exuberant life. She slept most of Friday evening (from what K told me, as Friday was a much needed girls night out) but Saturday morning she was raring to go. I could tell that she was a little more hesitant to jump on and off the furniture but that didn't stop her. Even the sedatives the vet gave us didn't seem to help like I thought they should. By Saturday evening, her poor little belly was so swollen. Needless to say, she was under "kennel arrest" for the better part of the weekend. She seems to be on the mend so I am very happy that everything is healing well. That was pretty much our weekend...low key to say the least.

Sunday night, I attempted to make my grandma's famous sugar cookies. I forgot to take pictures but after 3 hours of toiling in the kitchen I was done and pretty impressed with the results. I mean it was my first time! I packaged up a bunch to send back to a special little guy back home. Monday was, well it was a Monday...'nuff said. However, my little E-man did turn 5! Happy Birthday E! This is where the previously mentioned cookies come into play. I am sure he will love them...I mean what kid doesn't like a sugar-filled, frosted treat?



Happy Birthday to You!

After fighting the masses at Fed Ex, I was off to the gym with the Sheelers.

That brings me to today. So, I have decided that I need to get more toned and in better shape. If you are like me, I usually start off all gung-ho and peter out after a couple weeks but I really want to stick with this. Monday was cardio and tonight I started with some strength training and it is an absolute chore to type this post right now. Kolby went to take some papers to a friend while I was working out and I came upstairs to find my beloved little Zoe chewing apart my Pampered Chef Measure-All. I was really not happy but what can you do. Thankfully I can just order a replacement at cost. Being a consultant really has it perks :) And what was Laney doing? Well, after I let her out of her kennel and took her outside, she came back in and left a "sweet" smelling present on the laundry room floor! It really is two steps forward, one step back...or in our case I think it is one step forward, two steps back. Oy vey! Baby steps right?
Until next time!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers